Sunday, December 5, 2010

Trip to the Zoo

I got to go on Tyler's field trip to the zoo last week.  We had a cold front come through and it was freezing cold that day!  I guess parents were calling the school asking if they were going to cancel the field trip because of cold weather.  I had to laugh at that!  Floridians aren't use to freezing weather!  Even though it was cold, we had a wonderful time.  Jacksonville has a very nice zoo - it's not like the San Diego Zoo - but it's a nice zoo nonetheless.

We first started out in the educational center where a volunteer brought out lots of animals and let the kids take turns petting them. 

I just loved this little screech owl - I thought he was so cute!

 Then we went into the zoo to look at all the animals.  This ostrich was doing some kind of worship dance to this pumpkin - it was hilarious!






No comments: