Thursday, December 30, 2010

Master Bedroom

Before picture - take note of the bedspread that I've had for 5+ years:
I don't think I've posted many pictures of the house since we moved in (over a year ago!).  I wanted everything to be perfect and put together before I posted pictures - ha!  That is taking longer than I'd expected.  Last week we finally got around to painting our room and re-doing it a little.  It still has a long ways to go.  I want new bedroom furniture, we've had the current set for over 10 years.  I need pictures hung on the wall - I have a perfect idea in my head of what I want and can't find it anywhere...
 The blue rocker above is 8 years old - I want it out of there especially because TJ puts that massaging thing on the chair - it sure doesn't feel like a massage to me - it feels more like a torture device!  And, it would be lovely if he could pick up all his clothes and shoes off the ottoman - but that's another subject all together!  So, against that wall I have visions of a nice little sitting area.  A love seat with a white slip cover, maybe some kind of plant, and pictures on the wall.  I will paint that bookshelf white so it will match the room.
 That tree in the corner actually doesn't go there, it's just in a temporary location until the Christmas tree is done taking it's spot downstairs.  I think when I finally get my little sitting area set up, I might move that bookshelf over there in that corner where the tree is.  I love my new 32" HD TV I got for Christmas!  I quite enjoy being lazy, laying in my bed and watching Food Network :)
 I can't find the specific pictures I want to go above my bed!
I think I'm pretty happy with that corner - I don't think it needs much else.  I am a goodwill junkie and am always on the hunt for good antiques, frames, knickknacks.  I picked up that lamp for $2.99, the vase on my dresser for .79 and the other little knickknack by the frame on my dresser for .79 as well.  I love that store!   And there you have it, my room!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute Melissa. It looks great!