Saturday, June 7, 2008

Purple Patch - Finished!!


My mother-in-law flew in tonight. She is going to watch my kids Monday-Friday next week while I am up camping - that's another story. But, for doing that I wanted to give her something special, so I gave her purple patch as purple is her favorite color. I did the machine quilting and I was going to stipple it, but chickened out at the last minute, so it's just got diagonal lines through it, I think it still looks good but I don't think it would win any competitions :)

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Okay, I officially want to be you when I grow up.

Holly said...

It looks fantastic! Well done. What a very kind gesture because I know how much work goes into something like that. It will mean a lot to her.

*Melinda* said...

Wow, You are good. I would watch your kids, too if you made me a quilt:)

Michele said...

It really looks great, good job!! I love the way the purple changes from light to dark. Now I want to see close-ups on the different fabrics. It looks like you finished in time too...quite an accomplishment, yeah!! :)

Jenn said...

It looks great and I'm sure Carol loves it!!! :)

Amanda Jean said...

it's beautiful! I'm not a purple person, but I love this quilt!