Saturday, November 2, 2013

NAVY Ball 2013

We got a babysitter and headed out to the NAVY ball last night.  It was fun to get all primped and pretty for the ball.  I got my nails and hair done.  I decided to wear a dress I wore to an event 3 years ago - but it was WAY too big.  I took it to a tailor and got it sized.  They didn't do all that great of a job, the top was still way too big, but it worked, I guess.  I'll get a new dress for next year's ball.  We started out with the traditions of bringing in the flag, the special guests of honor, and the cake.  Then we listened to the guest speaker, who happened to be the father of one of the cadets in Tj's class.  Then it was time for dinner.  I had the chicken plate with sweet potatoes and green beans, it was good.  I gave my piece of cake to Tj, no sugar this month for me.

Me, Jessica & Tarah - some of the other wives.
 The table set for one to always remember those who are missing or who have lost their lives for our Country.

 Adam & Jessica Jones & Dennis & Tarah Crump.
 Tj cuttin' a rug :)

 The cake - Happy Birthday NAVY!
Can't wait for next year!

No comments: