Saturday, January 7, 2012

Green Smoothie!

Since Tj has left, I have changed the way we eat around here.  I don't know why, but I'm starting to be really turned off by meat.  I don't want to be a vegetarian, but I'm just not liking meat much.  We have been eating a lot of quinoa - which I LOVE - the kids are still getting used to it.  We also drink A LOT of green smoothies.  Brena loves them, Tyler's still getting used to them.  Who knows what will happen when Tj gets home, I know he will turn his nose up to a lot of the stuff we eat!  Here is our favorite green smoothie recipe:
Throw in blender:
1 cup almond milk (we like vanilla)
1 frozen banana
1 TBS chia seeds
1/2 - 1 TBS almond butter
2 handfuls organic spinach leaves
Blend until creamy!  I will sometimes add a few ice cubes to make it thicker.  Also, for beginners you might need to add a touch of agave nectar or honey for just a touch of sweetness!  So healthy and good for you!

No comments: