Friday, January 27, 2012

Deployment #4 blues, ugh

It's late on a Friday night.  I just held a little girl who cried for almost an hour because she misses her daddy.  Man, I miss him too.  I wish I could just cry like that and have someone hold me.  Instead, I just get to cry by myself.  We are not even 2 months into this deployment yet...we're close to the two month mark, but we're not there yet.  It doesn't make sense to say that it's gone fast, but it has.  But, in the same thought, it seems to have been going so slow.  I hate all the things that come up that I really, really need Tj around for.  I do however have a very strong testimony of home teachers.  I've had to call him more than once.  This last time was on Sunday.  My kitchen faucet all of a sudden decided it didn't want to turn off when I would push the handle down.  So, I had water gushing out the faucet.  He came over right away.  He said he didn't know how to fix a faucet - or figure out what was wrong with it, but he would try.  I prayed and prayed he could fix it.  45 minutes later - he fixed it completely.  To say I was grateful would be an understatement. 

The worst thing by far has been a few weeks ago when I was rear-ended at a stop sign.  It was a miserable experience that I do not care to remember.  I'm still having neck pain 2 weeks later from that.  I wanted to call my husband so bad when that happened, but I couldn't.  It happened on a Saturday and I wasn't even able to get a hold of him to tell him about it until the following Monday.  I hate that.  I hate that I can't just call him when I need to, or want to.  I just want a neck rub from him, that would be wonderful.

I don't want to think about what can happen in the next 4+ months...

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this again Melissa! I know exactly how hard it can be!! I remember thinking the first 2 months were just awful and then somehow, after that, the end feels closer and you start to pull through!! I am so sorry and I will pray for your family's strength!! You're an amazing mother and wife and you WILL get through this!! :)

Jenn said...

Oh man! We're praying for you all. Love you!

Theresa is... said...

You got rear ended???? Oh no! I'm sorry friend...I wish I was there to help. Hang in there...it will go fast, I promise!!!