Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Halloween - finally!

Yes, I realize it is December 2, and I am just now posting Halloween pictures. That's just how I roll now. Here is a little synopsis of how our Halloween went. Brenalee begged to be a witch for Halloween. I kept trying to convince her to just wear one of her many princess dresses. I am all about making things as simple as possible nowadays. Tyler, a boy after my own heart says "I'll just wear my karate uniform Mom." Sweet. So, I find a witch costume for $5 and make Brena super happy that she can be a witch. Mind you, it wasn't all fun and games trying to find a witch costume that was cute, and for the amount of $ I was willing to spend. But, being the bargain shopper I am, I found it. So, we get to our friends' house to go trick-or-treating. Guess what the 3 other little girls are wearing?? Yep, you guessed it, their princess dresses. So, here's Brena's face when she sees them in their princess costumes:

She is throwing a complete fit because she can't be a princess. I, of course, am exacerbated by her and tell her she is a witch, not a princess (meaning costumes of course!). Of course the other Moms feel bad for her and tell her she can wear one of the girls other princess dresses. I am not one to give into my kids. I don't want spoiled brats on my hands. But, she did get her way. But only after I made her smile and be happy for a couple of pictures in her witch costume:

Now, she's finally happy in the princess dress - and I'm out $5. Girls!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are funny! Even though I have never met you- I can totally hear you saying all of that. :)

Jenn said...

Silly Brena! :) Maybe she'll listen next year.

The McNeil Family said...

can you email your new address so i can send you a christmas card.