Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

All I wanted for Christmas was my husband. Santa didn't bring him. But, my parents were here for a week. Christmas went way too fast this year. That's good in a way, but it is my absolute favorite time of year. I love everything about Christmas. I had to go pick up some stuff from my friend's garage Christmas Eve. As I drove over there I was crying. It was really hard not to have TJ around for Christmas. We were apart our very first Christmas as newlyweds in 1997, because of a deployment. This is only our 2nd Christmas we have spent apart - and it was the kids' first away from Daddy. We enjoyed the week with my parents a lot. I put both of them to work. It seems like there is still so much to do in the house! Here is a picture of Christmas Eve after the kids opened their pajamas from Daddy and Mommy:
Before the kids woke up:
Tyler ate a lot of chocolate that morning:
Brena putting on a little too much make up:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your black and white couch!! Did you buy it for your new house? You always decorate so cute!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog!
I thought about you on Christmas! I guess its nice that you can at least talk/see TJ!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jenn said...

I'm so glad your parents were able to be there for Christmas. When I talked to your dad the weekend before they came, he sounded very anxious to get to your house...especially to warm up a bit.