Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Doing something...

I finally tore myself away from my husband's side to do something other than watch House Hunters. House Hunters is our new favorite show while Biggest Loser isn't on. Anyways, ignore the really ugly picture of me - I woke up this morning with pink eye. So, I had to wear my glasses all day and no make up, that was really hard to do! TJ went to the gym and took the kids with him, so I decided to work on a quilt.
And, the County finally gave our building permits to the builder! We have the beginning plumbing! YEAH! And, for those of you who are concerned, no there are no alligators in the pond. I keep trying to get a picture of all the turtles and fish, but every time I take my camera over there, they aren't there. For some reason that I'm not really aware of, these retention ponds are ALL over Jacksonville. We have one right now in our backyard. You really can't walk more than 10 feet without seeing a retention pond, seriously, they are everywhere. They are actually a good thing, and a coveted spot, because then you have no neighbors in the back of you.

3 comments:

*J*E*N* said...

Congrats on the permit, I had such impatience with our house and it was half way done when we found it. You'll get there! I LOVE LOVE LOVE House Hunters and so does Ely so we watch it together all the time:) We avoided HGTV and TLC for years (too depressing without a home of our own) but now we can't get enough!!!!

Adrienne said...

Congrats on the permit and nice location. How fun for Kim to visit you!

Megan said...

glad the permit finally came through, now the progression will be quick, amazing how fast they can get the outside of the house up. Love the new quilt...like the quilt in the back of your new picture on your blog too...must be the colors of both :-) How are the eyes doing?