Sunday, June 21, 2009

The best Father's Day ever!

As most of you know, TJ left for Maine earlier this month. He completed SERE school on Thursday (if you don't know what that is...google it...) and I didn't think we would be seeing him until the end of next month when we closed on the house. Well....the house is of course delayed. Only our house though, no other house is delayed. Something about building permits being lost by the County or something like that. Anyways, I know there has to be a reason for all of it. One of the reasons is that TJ got to come home! Yep, he flew in yesterday. So, we got to spend Father's Day with him, and it's his 31st b-day today too. It was a pretty sweet day. And, he gets to stay with us for 3 WEEKS!!!!!! Can you see the smile on my face? :) If we had been closing next month, he wouldn't have been able to come home now and again next month. So now he's here for 3 weeks, and he'll be home again at the end of August. YIPPEE!!! He is doing great after SERE, just a few minor issues that should resolve themselves in time. He did eat a rabbit eyeball...raw! EWWW! And he is only at 17% body fat, but we'll get him beefed up in no time!


He requested his favorite, red velvet cake made from scratch...I'll have to share that recipe later.

13 comments:

Megan said...

YEAH, I am so happy for you guys for this visit. Truly a blessing for all right now :-)enjoy and happy fathers day and birthday to TJ

Laura said...

That's great!! Enjoy your time!! SERE issues last a few days, but he'll be fine in no time!! Have fun family time- I'm jealous!!!

Barbie and Craig said...

Yay! I scratched my head for a sec when I saw him at stake conference today...I could see your glow in the 0.8 seconds that I saw your face:) Hey! Now you can come visit me before I move! :)

Jenn said...

YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited for all of you :) Enjoy the next three weeks. Hope the house issues resolve themselves quickly.

Patty said...

I'm so happy for you and the kids.

Deborah said...

I can feel your happiness oozing from your blog. Have lots of fun together, you all deserve it!

The Curtis Clan said...

So happy for you Melissa. Enjoy your family and tell the old man happy birthday!

KC and DL said...

That is wonderful news! YAY!

Holly said...

How wonderful things worked out the way they did! Enjoy the time you are blessed with.

Adrienne said...

Whoa, SERE? That's hard core. What a blessing to have him home. Have you guys seen this deal?

http://www.disneymilitarysales.com/

I am so jealous of your military husband. If you need extra people to use the $99 tickets, just remember your cousins in Houston!

Aceves Family said...

Awesome!! I am so happy for you guys!!!

Kimberly Smith said...

Happy Belated & Fathers Day to TJ!!
I can't quit smiling for you all. So glad to hear the news of seeing him again. You guys are living right! Sending more happiness your way!

The McNeil Family said...

What a great Father's day.. I am sure your kids are so happy to spend a little more time with daddy and you too.