Saturday, July 12, 2008

Brenalee's quilt



Between looking for houses and reading "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" by Betty Smith - which I highly recommend - I finally got Brena's quilt top finished! She keeps saying "I love it, I love it!" and I love it too. The darker purple border in the middle looks a lot more purple in person. That part of the quilt, in the picture, looks too dark, but it does look good in person. I wanted the outside border to be the yellow butterfly/dragonfly material that I had, but TJ insisted the teal border looked better and Brena picked the teal over the yellow as well, so I was vetoed on that one. But, I'll put it on the back :) This quilt measures 73x84 - it is my biggest one to date! I am a little afraid to baste and quilt it, but I am going to dive in and hopefully finish it for her 3rd birthday on August 9. I think we finally found "the" house. I think I will let Brena have her own room and give her the extra queen bed so this quilt will fit perfectly on there. When we have company, I'll just kick her out to Tyler's bunk beds. But, maybe they will keep sharing, I don't know yet. They say they don't want their own rooms, they want to keep sharing, so we'll see what all happens.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow - that is lovely! What a lucky girl. Have fun with the quilting. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the house you guys choose.

Michele said...

She's going to love it! Good luck with the quilting. :)