Friday, July 12, 2013

Science Camp

Virginia Tech was hosting a science camp and I'm lucky I found out about it!  It was for two weeks from 9am-3pm and they would feed your kid lunch - and provide transportation!  The cost? FREE!  It was awesome.  I hoped it would help Tyler like science a little more.  I don't know if it did or not...  But, he says he had a good time, so I guess that's all that matters.  The last day the parents were invited to come see what the kids had been working on.  They all had a challenge from the beginning to build a house that would consume less energy/save energy.  Then they had to present their projects to a panel and answer questions.  The panel consisted of three professors from VT and another college, I would have been a little intimidated by them!  I mean it's like going and presenting a thesis!  But, they all did pretty good.  Tyler was a little shy as is his nature.


 Tyler presenting his house.  It used solar and wind power.




No comments: