Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Washington, D.C.

My parents came into town for Thanksgiving.  We didn't actually have a Thanksgiving dinner though.  We went to Washington, D.C. and spent 4 days up there looking at everything we could cram into those 4 days!  The first day was spent driving - it's about a 4 1/2 hour drive if there isn't any traffic.  Luckily there wasn't that day.  Our first stop was to Arlington National Cemetery.  The trees were beautiful, I was surprised they still had so many leaves.


 We even got to watch the changing of the guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers. 

 And, we ran into my cousin and his wife - that was really crazy!  Jackie is in the Air Force and is stationed in Italy.  They had just flown into the states the day before.  I still can't believe we ran into them there!

After leaving the cemetery we drove over to the Temple.  I was really bummed the lights weren't going to be on until the Friday.  We had to leave Thursday, we missed it by a day!





After that it was dinner and to the hotel so I could sleep.  I was tired and my feet hurt!

No comments: