Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Germany: June 19

We decided to take a break from tours today.  We were wiped out!  We rented bikes and toured Garmich.  We rode for a long time.  First stop was to view the ski jump from the 1936 Olympics held right here in Garmich!
Then we went on a big hike to see a beach, waterfalls and a river :)








 The view of the river from up high...my toes tingled we were so high! 

 My love.
After that we biked to the Olympic center.
 Funny story here.  The bike I was given wasn't working well.  I was complaining about it to Tj and he was acting like it was just me.  So, finally he switched bikes with me.  Well, he soon found out the bike had issues too and was irritated with it.  Well, we got to the Olymic training center and Tj tried to ride his bike up on to the sidewalk and he went head over heels over the handle bars!!  I saw the whole thing like it was in slow motion and I was laughing so hard I was crying.  You can see the two women there in front of that car that witnessed the whole thing.  They didn't know if they should laugh or cry!  I felt bad laughing, because I was worried about him, but it was just funny.  He was fine, but really mad at the bike :)  Needless to say, when we got back and turned the bikes in they got an earful from Tj and we didn't pay for that bike rental.  That's a story we'll never forget!


No comments: