Saturday, June 16, 2012

Germany: June 16, 2012

Jet lagged though we were, we drug ourselves out of bed and hopped on the tour up to the Eagle's Nest and Beirchgarten.  It was a long drive, and made a very long day.  But, it was totally worth it.  I LOVE history and especially WWII history.  This was amazing to me that I was actually standing where Hilter would go stay.  It was so gorgeous!

 The tunnel leading up to Eagle's Nest - still the original.




 They have now turned Eagle's Nest into a restaurant. 






 After Eagle's Nest we went to the nearby town of Beirchgarten for lunch and some sight seeing.  It was a very quaint little German town.  Of course we had to get our gelato...I'm just holding TJ's, I didn't really eat 2!  Not in one sitting anyways :)


 I also love cemeteries and enjoyed a stroll in the local cemetery browsing headstones.

Then it was a long drive back to the resort.

No comments: