Friday, October 7, 2011

Elephant & Piggy

Brena's teacher introduced me to these Elephant & Piggy books.  I am so glad she did.  They are wonderful and Brena (even Tyler!) loves them.  We have other Mo Willems books that the kids really like, but I'd never heard of these.  They are easy readers and perfect for beginning readers - even older kids.  I started volunteering in Brena's class and the teacher gives me 2 kids to work with.  One is Piggie and one is Gerald (elephant).  We read through the book, then after about 15 minutes of practice the kids get up in front of their class and act out the story.  It is so much fun, the kids are loving it.  Tyler and Brena even have fun acting it out together when we are at home.  I really hope my kids can love reading as much as I do.

No comments: