Thursday, August 25, 2011

First day of 1st and 3rd Grade!

The kids were very excited to start school Monday.  They got lucky and got to see daddy before school - they were both very happy about that!
 Waiting at the bus stop.  Most parents take their kids in on the first day of school.  I don't do that for a lot of reasons (I didn't even do it for the first day of Kindergarten last year).  A) there is TOO many cars/people there - it's a nut house! B)My kids are both so independent they prefer me not to go with them C) I don't want to waste the gas driving there D) I don't want to cry.
 In fact, my neighbor took her little girl into first grade and she told me she saw Brena walking into school with her head held high looking like she was on a mission.  Brena said "Hi Ms. Dawn!"  and Dawn said "hey Brena - do you know where you're going?"  Brena said "YEP!" and was on her way.  There were kids crying and holding on to their mom's hands.  But, not my little girl - she's one tough cookie :)
Oh my sweet kids.  I miss them!  I have to say that it is nice to go to lunch with friends, get a hair cut, grocery shop, etc. but I'd rather have them home with me any day.  Here's to a great year!

After school that day Brena ran to the car jumped in and said in a very excited voice "MOM!!!!! I LOVE SCHOOL!!"  That made my day :)  Even Tyler who rarely shows any emotion said school was great.

No comments: