Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ear Piercing

We never go to the mall.  I think I've been to the mall (that is only 5 minutes from my house) just 2 times in the 2 1/2 years we've lived here in Jacksonville.  For some reason last Saturday, we went to the mall.  I don't even remember what we went there for now.  Brenalee has been begging for months now to get her ears pierced.  We decided 10 would be a good age.  Don't ask me how this happened then last Saturday...she's only 5 - not 10!  The entire time we were at the mall she kept begging.  We kept telling her how bad it hurts, they use guns in your ears, it stings, etc., etc., etc.  So, we finally give in and I think she'll just chicken out once she's in the chair and we'll be good for another 5 years.  I was wrong.  The child didn't even shed a tear.

 They gave her the Claire Bear to hold.
 Here we go!
 And she is absolutely thrilled and can't stop looking at herself.  Oh, and p.s. - this child does dress herself.  I've given up fighting with her about what looks ridiculous.  That's a battle I've decided not to fight.
We can't get a picture of both ears at the same time.  She choose some little Hello Kitty earrings.  I must say she is pretty stinkin' cute :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

She's one LUCKY girl! She's so cute :)

Unknown said...

What fun! I will never forget getting my ears pierced!

David and Jacquee said...

She is so brave! The earrings look great on her.

The McNeil Family said...

Wow not a tear! She is a doll. I love her earrings!