Friday, August 6, 2010

VP-26 command party

On Friday, TJ's command - VP-26 - sponsored a family fun day. There was a bouncy, a clown, all kinds of contests, a baseball game, food and an opportunity to go to the pool after. I didn't plan on going. I hate being outside in the middle of the day in Florida. I'm glad I went, it was fun.
The clown made balloon animals for the kids. I think the balloon animals lasted all of 5 minutes. They weren't too happy their balloons popped.
Brena and I participated in the 3-legged race. We didn't do too hot. Actually, no one did. They tied this thin string to your ankles, boy did it hurt when you tried to walk! Brena was crying (and me too!) after one hop, so I didn't make her finish.

Face painting. Brena got a butterfly that melted off not too long after it was put on.

TJ playing his softball game.

Brena in the hula-hoop contest. She would have won, but for some reason at the very beginning she dropped her hula hoop, then started again. The guy actually was giving her the prize ($10 to Toys R' Us) because she was the last hula hooping kid. I had to run up there and tell him she had dropped hers in the beginning. She was very upset at me for doing that. Teaching your kids honesty is no easy task!


Then we walked over and hopped in the pool to cool off! It felt so good!
We hadn't been to the base's pool here in Jax yet. It is a very nice pool with a fun little water area as well.
They also have a water slide! The kids loved that. I think they went down at least 20 times each.

No comments: