Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to school

Today was the day. Tyler said he wanted to go back to school. Brena never even considered staying home to homeschool. I let them go back. I don't know if I made the right decision. I guess we'll find out. I got their backpacks packed, their lunches made and took them to the bus stop.




Waiting for the bus.
The bus came and I swear Brena ran over there faster than I could even get my camera out to get a picture of her getting on the bus! She cut in front of all those kids and didn't even look back to wave! I just barely caught the back of her stepping up on the bus! I couldn't believe it. I teared up a bit over that. I mean you do everything for your kids, then all of a sudden just because this big yellow bus shows up - they get on and leave you without a second thought??!! That's just not right!
So I went to Target and roamed around there, then went to the commissary. all. by. myself. and it was awesome. ♥♥♥

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was Roman's first day too. I teared up a little b/c of the EXACT reason you said. Then I was GOOD and felt like a new woman!! :-)

Unknown said...

My 1st grader starts tomorrow!!
They look so cute! I'm surprised that they went back to school.

Adrienne said...

Well good for you! You're raising mature, independent people. Our civilization needs more of those.

Barbie and Craig said...

I don't know how I missed this! Sorry for the last comment, then! Glad the kids are happy...that's really what matters :)