Tuesday, August 12, 2014

2014-2015 School Year

Writing 2014-2015 just seems like it should be in some sort of science fiction novel - is it really almost 2015?!  Weird...
After a very, very short summer, the kids went back to school.  Tyler started 6th grade and Brenalee started 4th.  Tyler is at the middle school and Brenalee now walks to school by herself.  It's so sad they are separate now!  Tyler rides the bus and it comes at 6:56a.m.!  Lucky for me he is very responsible.  He sets his alarm and gets up at 6am.  He packs his lunch and makes his breakfast and the rest of us roll out of bed about 6:30am to say good bye.  His first day was a little rough.  He forgot his schedule, so he didn't know where he was going.  He also had lots of locker problems and ended up missing his first period class.  But, it all got resolved and even though I thought he would tell me he was never going back, he loves it!



Brenalee got home and I asked her what her favorite part of the day was.  She said lunch.  She has Mrs. Pleasant - the same teacher Tyler had - so I was thrilled about that!  As usual, she wouldn't let me touch her hair.  I hope she looks back and says to herself "I should have let my mom do my hair!"


Here's to a great school year, and our last here in VA :(

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Summer goes WAY too fast! Do you guys know where you're headed after VA?