Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Night Tradition

For a long time (when Tj is home!) we have had a Friday night tradition of pizza night.  We make our own pizzas and I thought we had perfected it and that it couldn't get any better!  But, we have changed the way we do it since we moved to VA.  For some reason I really didn't want to heat up the oven - and the house!  We had dinner at a friend's house before we left FL, and they had made pizza on the grill.  But, they put their pizza on a pan and put it on the grill.  I didn't want to mess with that.  So, we just stuck ours right on the grill.  It only took the first time to figure it out - it was a little messy, and I realized I needed to cut a whole pizza in half and only do half the dough at once.  So, my recipe makes 2 pizza doughs, I roll the dough into 4 balls and make 4 pizzas instead of the two.  It's great because it doesn't heat up the house, and it's even quicker.  I think it takes maybe 5 minutes to do a pizza.  It is so yummy! 

Here is our old post here on pizza night.

This is a deceiving picture, because I'm the one who actually grills the pizza!  I think Tj was just helping put the pepperoni on his.
 My very favorite margaretta pizza with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella.  SO good!

No comments: