Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Much needed getaway

Life hasn't been easy for about 2 years now.  TJ's schedule is insane.  We can never plan anything.  I've never seen anyone work so much!  And it's not like he has a choice in the matter either.  The military isn't like a normal job with normal hours.  I don't know how he is still functioning - I would have thrown in the towel long ago.  But, we did find out at the last minute that he would have Memorial Weekend off - wahoo!!  He had been flying so many weekends, I don't really remember when he had a day off, so it was just so exciting to know he had 3 WHOLE DAYS OFF! 

We decided we wanted to go to Destin for the weekend.  I've never seen more beautiful beaches than on the Gulf Coast.  The only problem was everything was booked.  But, we found a steal of a deal that only cost us an arm and a leg and we were off!  It was worth it.  The kids had a blast and we did too.

The first jump into the gulf - we didn't waste anytime.  As soon as we arrived we threw on our swimsuits and off we went.  The waves were a little rough.


 We spent 2 glorious days laying on the sand and playing in the water.  The last day was spent at the pool trying to get all the salt off us.

 Isn't that turquoise water exquisite??!!
 We let the kids do any activity they wanted.  This was the European bungee jump thingy.


 Then they decided they wanted to do the zip line.  I was a little nervous as I watched my two most precious possessions climb all the way to the top and jump off a building...but they had a blast.




 Brena kickin' back enjoying her post zip line treat - I can't get over those long legs of hers!  I wonder where she gets those from??!!
 My sweet boy who is happiest on vacation.

 The firework show!
What a glorious weekend it was!  It's sad to think that next Memorial weekend we will be without our daddy once again.

No comments: