Sunday, April 17, 2011

My future Eagle Scout

TJ's mom saved his scout shirt - bless her heart - from 1986!  Those things are like $30!  I admit I was cursing  not happy unpicking all the patches off the shirt - there were A LOT of them - but I am grateful she saved it.  How neat is that?  He gets to wear his daddy's scout shirt!  I had to take off every single patch except one.  Even the flag was not in the right spot for nowadays. 
Before:
After:


I don't know much about scouting.  I don't have any brothers, so this is kind of my first experience.  I admit I'm a little worried with it being EVERY Wednesday night - if you read my blog you know how I am about a commitment like that.  But, I'm going to try really hard to keep at this.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

How fun that Tyler gets to wear TJ's shirt :) Cub scouts can be so much fun. My advice...read through the book so you know what things are in it. You'll be surprised how much you're already doing that will pass off requirements. Have fun with it!

Jackie said...

I just caught up on your blog - That's a cute story about Tyler falling asleep at his baptism...poor guy was probably pooped. Also, way cute bday cake. And Scouts will come. Just read the book and it'll start to make sense. I was put in as Cubmaster and hadn't a clue except having gone to my brother's Pine Wood derbies. Good luck! All the things we have to do as moms!

Unknown said...

That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love Cub Scouts! Don't worry I'm sure they will recruit you into Scouts w/ a new calling! :-) J/K It is kinda of a lot to get used to, especially every Wed. night! But now Brenna can have a "mommy day" every Wed. night. At least that is what Roman thinks we have to have every Wed.!!

allison said...

Run, run fast! Erik went to community pack, he just got his Arrow of Light on Feb. We met some great people and had fun, but a ton of work.