Sunday, September 5, 2010

Genealogy

We {I} have been doing a lot of TJ's genealogy. I had noticed that his great-grandpa had died in Eustis, FL. We were going down to Tampa for the weekend and I thought I'd check to see if it was on the way. It was! It only added about an hour of drive time. It was worth it! His great-grandpa and his great-grandma are buried there. His great-grandpa died in 1978 - the year TJ was born so TJ never met him. His great-grandma just passed away in 2005, and she lived in Colorado. So we knew her pretty well. It was really neat seeing their names and hear TJ tell stories to the kids about what he remembered. It's been amazing finding different family names lately. Just using google I am amazed at what (and who!) I've found - hi Matt! Matt is TJ's second or third? cousin. I was googling TJ's great-great grandparents and found a wealth of information from Matt. I emailed him (not knowing who in the world he was) and he has given me so much information! When we started doing TJ's genealogy back in 1998, it was not this easy! The internet has come a long way since then.




Their names are at the very top - Dennis and Irene Larabee.

This is a picture we had from 2003, when Tyler was only 3 months old. Irene is his great-great-grandma. It was neat he could connect a picture with a grave. She passed away right before Brenalee was born.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is amazing! Family is the most wonderful thing!